Thursday, February 26, 2009

Chicken Bundles

So, Brent's mom has been making these for years and I make them every now and then. I found a variation to the recipe I like best--which simplifies it and uses more cream cheese (there you go). It's super easy and very yummy.

Turkey Bundles
8 oz cream cheese, softened
2 cups cooked turkey or chicken
1/4 tsp salt
1/8 tsp pepper
1 Tbsp onion
2 (8oz) crescent dinner rolls

Blend chicken, cream cheese and onion together. Salt & pepper to taste. Place 1 Tbsp chicken mix in middle of crescent roll. Roll up. Bake at 375 for 11-13 minutes or until golden brown. Pour chicken gravy on the top. Yield 4 servings.

And, my aunt has a great gravy recipe.

4 oz butter or margarine
1/4 cup flour
1 1/2 cups water, broth, or milk
salt & pepper to taste

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium to medium-high heat. Add flour and whisk until smooth. Add fluid and whisk until smooth and slightly thickened.

Enjoy!

5 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

So do you use a tablespoon of chopped onion or dehydrated onion? And BTW, I love these!

Kelli said...

I make similar ones except I only use about 4oz cream cheese and I dip mine in butter and then bread crumbs before baking. These are so fun to play around with, you can add broccoli and cheese or different herbs or chicken with mozzerella and marinara. Thanks for posting, I love these! And I'm totally trying the gravy next time.

Stina said...

I've used either dehydrated or chopped. Whatever you have.

Brent's mom's recipe is like yours Kelli. I like the one with more cream cheese, and I like skipping the butter dipping part cause I'm lazy. I never thought to try different things in them!!!

Carissa Poyfair said...

I never thought add onion. That gravy sounds yummy too! I've always dipped mine in the butter and bread crumbs but it's nice to know they are good without that messy step. I've always blanched broccoli and then chopped it up pretty small and put it in mine. My kids love it and it's a great way to hide some veggies.

Denise said...

We do these all the time. It is a real kid friendly recipe. I love to do cheese and broccoli in mine. We always do some at the end with cream cheese and jam!