Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Supreme Strawberry Topping

I made Celeste's cheesecake--yet again. (I think I've made it about 10 times, no joke.) And, I happened to have fresh strawberries and wanted to see how good of a homemade topping I could make. I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com and it turned out really well. Who doesn't like strawberries and sugar? I actually made the entire dinner the day before--including cheesecake and topping. What's better when hosting a dinner than doing no work that day? Lovin' life!

1 pint strawberries, cleaned and stemmed
1/3 cup white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla

Cut about 1/3 of the strawberries in half. In a saucepan over medium high heat, combine strawberries, sugar and vanilla. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sauce thickens, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. In a blender, puree about 1/3 of sauce, then mix back into remainder. Store in refrigerator.

2 comments:

Kelli said...

Ooohhh I've been looking for a topping like this, it can be used on cheesecake, ice cream, probably even strawberry shortcake or something. I'm excited to try it, it's got to be better then the store bought version I try.

Kristi Adams said...

This is really, really good! I keep thinking I'm going to make that cheese cake but then Christina does and I don't have to!