Friday, March 14, 2008

Red Enchiladas

Oooo, I loved these growing up! I really can't believe I haven't posted these already. They are so good and easy and fast. I remember eating so much of this when i was a kid I thought i would explode! Give 'em a try!


12 corn tortillas
oil
1 can red enchilada sauce (found in the Mexican food isle-you can buy it as hot or mild as you like)
1 can Hormel chili, with out beans (so far, Hormel is the only brand I've seen that makes chili with out beans)
Cheese- any kind, I usually use cheddar

In a frying pan, heat oil and fry each tortilla a few seconds on each side until soft. Blot tortillas with a paper towel. Mix together enchilada sauce and chili. Dip each tortilla in sauce mixture and layer with cheese in a casserole dish. Pour remaining sauce on top and top with cheese. I usually do four tortillas per layer so there are three layers of tortillas with cheese in between.
Bake at 375 for 15 min. or until cheese is bubbly. Serve with sour cream, lettuce and tomatoes.

5 comments:

Kelli said...

So you don't roll the tortillas with the chili mixture in the middle? I wonder if it would work that way as well, but this way sounds delicious and SO EASY, I'll have to give it a try. Thanks!

Stina said...

I'm excited to try these. Especially since I've been slacking on the cooking lately.

And, since you've admitted to being "prego"--congrats! And--Kelli--Kristi is due 2 days after you! Let's celebrate!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Yes, I love easy recipes. And I love Mexican. And I love cheese! Yeah! And congrat Kristi and Kelli!

Kristi Adams said...

Kelli, I don't think this recipe would work very well if you roll them. The chili sauce is pretty runny unless you wanted to put a beef mixture inside and just pour the sauce over the top. I don't know! Experiment!

Kristi Adams said...

Oh, and thanks for the congratulations. Kelli, I stole your idea on your blog with the baby countdown. Very cute!