Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Lemon Cookies

Nothing says summer like lemons, right? Well, watermelon and bbq chicken works too, but these cookies are really easy and only require 4 ingredients! They have just enough lemon flavor to make you want to eat more and more...So mine cooked for about 10 minutes, but I think I made mine a little bigger that I was supposed to. I just had to keep checking the bottoms to make sure they were done.

1 tub (8 oz) fat free Cool Whip
2 boxes lemon cake mix
3 eggs
Powdered sugar, for rolling

Mix Cool Whip, cake mixes, and eggs in a large bowl until well mixed. The mixture will be thick and sticky. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Dusting your hands with powdered sugar, form dough into small ball. Roll dough balls in powdered sugar, and place on a baking sheet (since the dough is sticky, I used parchment paper to make it easier to get off). Bake for 6-8 minutes or until lightly golden on the bottom. Do not overcook. The cookies will look a little under cooked. Let sit for 2 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.

5 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

I absolutely love lemons so I'm excited to try these. I read in my Kraft magazine that a woman uses lemons like she does salt. Weird huh? Anyway, I've never put Cool Whip in cookie batter before but that makes me want to eat the batter even more than the cookie!

Denise said...

Yum, these sound so summery! Hopefully they will bring on the warm weather. Maybe I will have a bbq just to try these out!

Stina said...

I'm so going to make these!!!

Celeste Pearson said...

I just saw a recipe the other day for apple spice muffins that called for cool whip in the batter and I was so intrigued! Now I am totally making these cookies - thanks for fattening me up before swim suit season!

Kelli said...

Well, since I'm going to be all fat during swim suit season I'm making it my personal goal to make the rest of you a bit tubby too =)