Friday, August 3, 2007

Apple Crisp

So, I already have Fall Fever because of the past few weeks of rain storms we've had. This is such an easy, but extremely tasty apple crisp. I love the nutmeg and cinnamon on it. And don't forget to top it with soft vanilla icecream. YUM!!!

Apple Crisp

8-10 apples
½ cup water
2 TBSP lemon juice
1 tsp cinnamon
¼ tsp nutmeg
1 cup butter or margarine, softened
2 cups sugar
2 cups flour

Peel & slice apples. Layer in 9x13 pan. Mix water with lemon juice and pour over top of apples. Sprinkle cinnamon and nutmeg over the top. In a bowl, combine margarine, sugar and flour. Pour over the top. Bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350 degrees.

2 comments:

Denise said...

Yum, I am so excited for fall to arive! I love that I could make this with my pantry items minus the apples! Sounds so good!!!

Kristi Adams said...

I'm excited for fall, too! I love apple crisp anytime, though. I think I've had this before and, yes, it was delish!