Thursday, August 16, 2007

BBQ Chicken Salad

I found this in the Good Things Utah Cookbook and just knew it would be so so yummy! And, it doesn't call for weird ingredients. SO EASY. It's a keeper!

3-4 chicken breasts grilled with BBQ sauce, cubed
1 head lettuce, cut
1 cup shredded cheese (I used cubed)
6-8 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
1 cubed tomato
1 can kidney beans
green onions
fritos

Place lettuce in a large bowl. Sprinkle with cheese, kidney beans, tomato, onions, and bacon. Toss. Top with fritos and cubed chicken.

Dressing
1/2 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 cup Ranch dressing

Mix and serve over salad.

3 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

BBQ and ranch together sounds so good. Thanks!

Kelli said...

I am so excited to try this recipe! CPK also uses corn so I'd probably add that. But most of this stuff is already in my kitchen anyway. Thanks!!!

Kristi Adams said...

This sounds great! I always get bbq chicken salads at restaraunts so now I can make it at home!!