Friday, August 10, 2007

Melt-in-your-mouth Whole wheat pancakes

I can't believe I haven't posted this recipe already! I love these pancakes anytime, anyday and not just because they are healthy. They really do melt in your mouth and they are almost as easy as the mix that you buy but they taste a whole lot better!!!

1 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbls. sugar
3 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 Tbls. vegetable oil
1 egg
1 c. milk (or more depending on your desired consistancy)

Mix all dry ingredients in a bowl with wire whisk. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth. Cook on a griddle and serve with maple syrup. YUM!!

3 comments:

Stina said...

These sound yummy! And, I love that I have all the ingredients at home. I'll give it a go!

Denise said...

I love the combo of healthy and tasting good! I will have to try this recipe real soon. My favorite dinner is breakfast for dinner. Might have to try it tommorow since I too have all the ingredients in my house!!!!

Stina said...

I tried it and love it. It's my new favorite pancake recipe.