Thursday, August 30, 2007

Spinach Tortellini

I got this recipe from my Taste Of Home magazine but I adjusted the amounts of all the ingredients to make it fit my family and our likes. It's really yummy. Not too heavy or greasy and I love the spinach and the sauted mushrooms. It's also a non-meat dish, but it's very filling for our hungry hubbies!

1 13oz. package frozen cheese tortellini
1 16 oz. package frozen spinach
1 c. sliced fresh mushrooms
1/8 c. butter or margarine
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 c. evaporated milk
1/4 c. butter or margarine
1 c. cheddar cheese
1 c. mozzerella cheese
1/8 tsp. black pepper

Cook tortellini according to package directions. Drain and put in large bowl. Run hot water over spinach until thawed. Squeeze dry and add to tortellini. Saute mushrooms in 1/8 c. butter and sprinkle with garlic powder. Add mushrooms to tortellini. In the same skillet, melt 1/4 c. butter and add evaporated milk. Heat to a boil and add cheddar cheese and black pepper. Stir until melted. Add to tortellini mixture and stir to coat. Transfer to a casserole dish and sprinkle with mozzerella cheese. Bake covered at 350 for 15 min. or until cheese is melted and bubbly.

2 comments:

Stina said...

I am so going to make this. I've been looking for a recipe using tortellini--add spinach, which I love, and sauteed mushrooms--which I adore--PERFECTION!!!

Denise said...

YUM! I am excited to try this recipe. I love that you put it back in the oven smothered in cheese, that way my hubbie and kids will eat it! They are not big fans of spinach, but I love it.