Monday, July 23, 2007

Knock you Naked Brownies!!!

Need I say more than the title says!?!? These are to die for!!! Make sure they really are cool before diggin in, it is worth the wait!


1 package German chocolate cake mix (18.5 oz)
1 cup chopped nuts
1/3 cup + 1/2 cup evaporated milk-divided
1/2 cup melted butter
60 vanilla caramels unwrapped (one 14 oz package)
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

In a large mixing bowl, combine dry cake mix, nuts, 1/3 cup evaporated milk and melted butter. Press half of the batter into the bottom of a greased 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for eight minutes.In the microwave or top of a double boiler melt caramels with remaining 1/2 cup evaporated milk. When caramel mixture is well mixed, pour over baked layer. Make sure the first brownie layer is cool or the caramel will go through the brownie to the bottom of the pan. Cover with chocolate chips. Chill for about an hour or until the caramel is hard. Press the remaining batter on top of morsels. Return to oven and bake 28 minutes (or less for gooier brownies). Let cool before cutting. I recommend smaller brownies because they are very rich!

4 comments:

Stina said...

These sound so so yummy. I think Celeste had a similar recipe. I will vouch for how delicious these are. And, I have recently fallen in love with caramel!!!

Carissa Poyfair said...

What the heck are vanilla carmels? Are these like the regular Kraft carmels? Am I the only one who always needs help with recipes?! :)

Stina said...

Carissa, I think you're the only one who reads the recipe carefully (or at least, I don't!!!). What are vanilla caramels? I would have bought regular ones!!!

Kristi Adams said...

I had one of these at Christina's house today and they were to die for! Can't wait to make them!