Saturday, July 7, 2007

Chocolate Chip Cookies

I'm going to throw this out here and stir up some (maybe lots) of controversy, or agreement. But, I have THE BEST chocolate chip cookie recipe there is. In fact, my neighbor tasted them once and has been addicted ever since. I can't make a batch without sending a mound over to him and his family. They're soft and oh so yummy. Very flavorful. So, don't even bother making any other kind besides these. They are the best!

Chocolate Chip Cookies
Mrs. Fields Chocolate Chip Cookies
(Jenner Porter)

CREAM ETERNALLY:
2 cubes margarine 2 cubes butter
2 c. brown sugar 1 ½ c. sugar
ADD:
3 eggs 2 tsp. vanilla
ADD SLOWLY:
5 ½ c. flour 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
1 ½ tsp. salt
FOLD IN:
2-4 c. chocolate chips 2 c. nuts (optional)

Bake at 350° for 8-12 minutes.

(I have used all margarine --no butter-- and they still turn out great!!!)

Hint: You can freeze the dough in balls, in an airtight container. When you want more cookies, just pull out as many as you’d like and bake at 300° for 18-20 minutes.

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Wow, how many cookies does this batch make?! Seems like a lot! It's a great idea to freeze them, I've done that before. Too bad I just made cookies earlier today, but its definately one I'll try when we move.

Denise said...

I will take your challenge and try them against my moms rscipe (shhh dont tell my mom!)
They sound good and I love other recipes by Jenner Porter in the recipe book you gave me! Yum.

Carissa Poyfair said...

Cream eternally... haha!

Kristi Adams said...

These really are the best chocolate chip cookies...even better than the Nestles Tollhouse recipe! In fact, I think I'll go make some right now!!!