Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Garlic Fries

I was watching Rachael Reay yesterday and had to make these! I improvised and created my own version though. I dedicate this to Celeste!! But, I have to tell you--they are so easy to make and very very yummy. And I even made my own fry sauce with bbq sauce instead of ketchup. Need I say it? Yum-O!

3-4 medium sized potatoes (I did 4 and it was too many for my family)
2 cloves garlic, smashed
1 1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (EVOO)
Dried rosemary
Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 425ºF. Cut the potatoes in half lengthwise then cut each half into 4-5 long wedges depending on how big the potatoes are. Place the wedges and garlic on a cookie sheet, drizzle with EVOO and toss to coat. Season the potatoes with the rosemary, salt and pepper, and roast them for about 25 minutes, until potatoes are brown and tender. Flip the potatoes then continue to roast for about 10 minutes, or until cooked through.
Yields 4 servings

5 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

So when you smash the garlic, does it flavor the fries when they bake? Or could I mince the garlic so it gets on every potato piece?

Stina said...

I did both. Rachael (my friend) said that the flavor will spread if you just smash it. But, I minced it and I really liked it on the fries, especially with the salt.

Denise said...

Theese sound so good especially with the bbq fry sauce. I just might have to have a burger and fries night!!

Celeste Pearson said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Celeste Pearson said...

Whenever you add something to hot oil, it will take on that flavor, so with this recipe the EVOO will take on the rosemary and garlic flavors. But it will be a light flavoring. If you like garlic, I would mince a few cloves really well and also add the whole garlic (make sure it's smashed well). You know me, I rarely cook without fresh garlic!!!