Monday, July 23, 2007

Shredded Beef Taco Meat in the Crock Pot

This is so easy! And one of my favorite dinners. Even my mother in-law has asked me to make it on several occasions. That's how yummy it is!

~1 Chuck roast, size is up to you. I usually get about 3 pounds. (That gives me lots of leftovers...)
~Your favorite salsa, enough to cover the meat completely.
Brown your roast, put it in the crock pot and cover it with the salsa. I set it for the longest cook time. (The meat falls apart after that long, making shredding easier.) After it's done cooking shred the meat. (I usually just use my fingers.) I don't really know how else to do it. Suggestions?
Anyhow, that's it.
Of course you need the taco shells and all the other condiments you want... so enjoy. Oh and I store my leftovers with a little bit of the salsa it was cooked in. SO YUMMY!

2 comments:

Denise said...

wow, sounds good and easy! That is my kind of recipe. I have heard, although never tried it, that you can shred meat by using a hand held mixer inside your crock pot. As long as there is a little liquid it will do the shredding for you. I would keep the mixer on low. I am a fan of the crock pot linings (plastic covers if you will) I think if I put my mixer in the crock pot with the lining it would shred the linner. I hate cleaning crock pots and that would mean I would have to clean!!! Let me know if you try it!

Stina said...

This sounds so yummy. I LOVE TACOS!!!

And I am also a fan of crock pot liners. And I will try the mixer method.