Saturday, July 14, 2007

Rolo Cookies

A friend brought these to me. Mmmmm.

Rolo Cookies
2 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1 c. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. butter
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 c. chopped nuts (opt.)
sugar (roll dough in)
48 Rolos

Beat sugars, butter, eggs and vanilla until fluffy. Combine flour, cocoa, and soda and add to mixture. Stir in 1/2 c. nuts. In separate bowl combine remaining nuts and sugar. Set aside. (It helps if you chill the dough for awhile)
Shape 1 tablespoon dough around Rolo, covering completely. Press into nuts and sugar. Place on cookie sheet and bake 7 to 10 minutes at 400. Let cool

3 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

I've had these before at a cookie exchange at church and the caramel is so ooey gooey and yummy! But I didn't have the recipe! Stina you are my cookie Queen!

Stina said...

They are so good, huh? And they are so moist and chewy and...yum. And, I'm so telling Jordyn I've been dubbed the Cookie Queen. She'll be so excited that I really am royalty (meaning she's the Cookie Princess). And, Carissa, that must mean you're the Dessert Queen. :) Yeah!!!

Denise said...

Yum! I have had something like this with a mini snickers inside, it was good too. I am excited to try this recipe, I love caramel!!