Monday, July 6, 2009

Strawberry Salsa

Here is my Iron Chef recipe! I really like mango salsa so I decided to make a strawberry salsa and see if it was any good. It's more of a "fresh" salsa, or a pico de gallo, where it isn't runny and liquidy, but more just chunks of strawberries and veggies. This recipe is based on your own individual taste, so use as much or little seasoning as you want. Anyway, I hope you all like it!Strawberry Salsa

1 lb strawberries, about 16, hulled and chopped small

1/2 green bell pepper, chopped small

1/2 orange bell pepper, chopped small

1/2 small red/purple onion, chopped small

3 Tbsp cilantro, chopped fine

1/4 cup olive oil

1/2 to 1 Tbsp sugar, depending on taste

juice from one lime

pinch or two of salt (I used about 3/4 to 1 tsp or so)

Combine all ingredients and let macerate for about 20-30 minutes for the flavors to "marry". Adjust seasoning as needed. Serve with tortilla chips!

**Note- You can also add a jalepeno pepper, with the seeds taken out, chopped fine. This would give it some heat. I just don't like hot salsas so I didn't add this.


5 comments:

Stina said...

This sounds so good! Can't wait to try it!

Celeste Pearson said...

Hey I tried it last night and it was really good. A nice alternative to regular salsa. And I love your pic Carissa! It looks way professional. My pics always look like, well, my pics!

Denise said...

Yum, can't wait to try. Your picture does look great!

Kelli said...

Awesome picture...oh wait, that's already been said. But I love it! I'm going to make this when Jeremiah comes home so we can snack on it while watching movies! Although I'll admit I'm going to substitute parsley for the cilantro :)

DJ said...

This does sound really yummy!