Monday, July 27, 2009

Creamy Chicken Spaghetti

Hey all! I had some zucchini from my garden and had to use it up before vacation, so I plugged the word "zucchini" into the kraftfoods.com site and found this treasure. It is so yummy! I had everything on hand except the cream cheese so it was easy to make. My kids loved it, and my dad who was over helping us put in an AC unit into our window even asked for seconds. Some people in their reviews on the Kraft site said they added onion or garlic to their spaghetti, but I thought it was fine the way it was.Hope you enjoy!(This is not my picture, but the one on the Kraft website. It looks about the same :)

Creamy Chicken Spaghetti

1/2 lb spaghetti, uncooked (I used whole wheat whole grain thin spaghetti and it was delicious)
1/4 cup light Italian dressing (I used the Kraft Tuscan House Italian I had on hand)
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 zucchini, cut in half lenthwise, then sliced crosswise (I used one huge zucchini)
2 cups spaghetti sauce
4 oz cream cheese (or neufchatel cheese), cubed
Parmesan cheese

Cook spaghetti as directed on package.

Meanwhile, heat dressing in large nonstick skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook and stir 2 min. Add zucchini; cook an additional 2 min., stirring frequently. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Bring just to boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 5 min. or until chicken is cooked through. Add Neufchatel; cook 1 min. or until cheese is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring occasionally.

Drain spaghetti; place on serving plate. Top with the chicken mixture; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. (I just combined the drained spaghetti in the skillet with the chicken mixture and passed Parmesan cheese at the table. Less dishes!)

4 comments:

Stina said...

This sounds really good! I love the twist on spaghetti, but keeping it simple. Can't wait to benefit from someone else's garden (hint hint Kristi) and make this!

Kristi Adams said...

I will give you some zucchini in the morning after our run!!
This sounds so good and I've been needing zucchini recipes! I will have to add this to my menu this week!

Celeste Pearson said...

I made this a couple nights ago and it was so good and so easy! My kids liked it (except the zuchinni - they are picky) and then the missionaries came over later that night and had the leftovers and kept giving me enthusiastic thumbs up because they liked it so much!

Stina said...

I made this tonight and it's definitely a keeper. It definitely "stirred the pot" for our dinner conversation. Some people liked the zucchini, some didn't. But, it was a hit and I'm definitely going to make it again!