Saturday, July 11, 2009

Strawberry and cream cheese filled Crepes



I love crepes. I could eat them with nothing inside. I especially love crepes with strawberries and a cream cheese filling. Here is a recipe I have made a few times. It is more of a dessert but I will admit, I had these as a breakfast a few months ago!


Strawberry filled crepes with cream cheese filling

1 cup all purpose flour
2 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons butter, melted

Place in a blender or mix with a whisk. To avoid lumps add all ingredients before adding the flour. I have an electric crepe maker (picture below) and I LOVE it. If you love to make crepes it is worth the $30. Amazon.com has them for sale and occasionally Target and Fred Meyer will have them in stock. If you do not have a crepe machine go to this website http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1DgmbMMOgA to get tips and pointers on how to cook a crepe. You can use his recipe for crepes if you wish. I can not taste the difference in any crepes I have had. It is not too hard although I get pretty annoyed when I rip mine. I do the same with omelets and now have an omelet maker :)


Filling:

Sliced strawberries
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/4 cup butter, softened
2 Tablespoons sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon grated lemon rind

Mix together in an electric mixer.

Place strawberries and cream cheese mixture inside a warm crepe and fold closed. You can also drizzle some chocolate on top. I have never tried it that way and thought of it after all the crepes were gone today!

Here is a picture of my reminder! This is what Brooklyn is wearing today. When I looked at her I remembered the challenge and thought I would cook some crepes while she napped!

7 comments:

Stina said...

Well, you're recipe sounds amazing! And I love how Brooklyn is theme-dressed! I can't wait to try these! Thanks!

Celeste Pearson said...

I love crepes! But alas, I don't have a crepe maker and make them the old-fashioned way, but now I'm on the hunt for a crepe maker at a good price! And I've had strawberries in my crepes before, but NEVER with cream cheese and all that yumminess! I am so excited to try your crepe recipe (mine always gets lumps) and add your filling. Woohoo!

Carissa Poyfair said...

I think I am going to redo my dinners this week to include this. It looks so yummy! And Brooklyn is too cute!

DJ said...

Cute Cute baby! And this is right up my alley! I guess i better get busy and post a recipe!

Stina said...

I'm so glad DJ (Kristi's husband) is so excited about our recipes! :)

Kelli said...

I am with my sisters...we grew up on crepes and always had them with strawberries and whipped cream, I really think this is going to bring it up a million notches! Also, my mother in law puts orange zest in her crepes, I haven't done it yet (I don't usually have oranges on hand) but it makes them pretty good to eat on their own too!

Kristi Adams said...

I don't know why all my comments lately have been under DJ but it's kinda funny!
Christina and I had these crepes the other day and I think I ate 5! They were so good!