Sunday, July 12, 2009

Broccoli & Tomatoes with Herbs


We came to my mom's house and she is cooking from Betty Crocker's Diabetic Cookbook. She had some of her broccoli leftover and Jordyn & I finished it together. The best broccoli dish I've had--and no cheese!

1 lb broccoli, cut into flowerets and stems cut into 1 x 1/2-inch pieces
2 Tbsp olive oil or canola oil
1 tsp chopped fresh or 1/4 tsp dried basil leaves
1 tsp chopped fresh or 1/4 tsp dried oregano leaves
1/2 tsp salt
1 clove garlic, finely chopped
2 roma (plum) tomatoes, seeded & chopped

Heat 1 inch water to boiling in 10-inch skillet. Add broccoli. Heat to boiling. Boil 5-7 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain and set aside. Wipe out and dry skillet with paper towel.

Heat oil in same skillet over medium heat. Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat about 1 minute, stirring frequently, until hot. Add broccoli; toss gently.

Yield: 4 servings

ENJOY!!

4 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

This looks so good! We are boring and just have plain steamed broccoli. This sound waaay better! And, just to be clear, you saute the tomatoes with the oil and herbs and garlic?? I love me some warm tomatoes!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Yum, I actually have all of these ingredients, so I am totally making this tonight instead of just steamed broccoli.

Kristi Adams said...

Sounds good and healthy! I agree, warm tomates are the best!

Denise said...

Wow, a healthy recipe! I cannot wait to try this. I love broccoli and the kiddos are not fans. Maybe this will help.