Monday, March 23, 2009

Sloppy Joes

I got this recipe from the Kraft magazine (love it!) and it's
1. So easy - perfect for "those" nights
2. Cheap to make
3. You probably have all the ingredients right now in your fridge
4. Tasty (seriously - I was bummed my kids ate all theirs so I couldn't finish it for them)
5. Kid Friendly

In fact, Bryan liked it so much that he couldn't believe it was so simple! It really was good.

1 pound hamburger
1/2 cup BBQ sauce (I highly recommend Original Sweet Baby Rays!)
1/4 cup ketchup
Kraft singles cheese (you could use whatever cheese you have, even shredded)
Hamburger buns

Brown hamburger and drain if necessary. Mix BBQ sauce and ketchup, warm through. Place on hamburger buns with a slice of Kraft singles cheese. Eat! (I placed the cheese on one side of the bun and microwaved for 10 seconds or so to melt the cheese a little). Oh, and if you use a different BBQ sauce, I don't know what it will taste like. We seriously will not buy another BBQ sauce except Sweet Baby Ray's!

6 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Yeah, that can't be any easier. Sloppy Joes in my house are, well, sloppy, so I'll have to make these on one of "those" nights that also happens to be a bath night too. Thanks!

Kelli said...

I actually totally have all the ingredients except hamburger buns..okay, and not Sweet Baby Rays, I just have generic normal bbq sauce. I love Sloppy Joes. Would it be good to brown the hamburger with onion or no?

Carissa Poyfair said...

I say onions make everything better.

Stina said...

I'm a huge BBQ sauce fan. This sounds really good! Thanks!

Denise said...

My jaw dropped when I read this recipe. Josh and I were talking LAST NIGHT about how our kids had never had sloppy joe's!!! I will have to give these a try so they can experience the sloppy fun for dinner :) Crazy!

Carissa Poyfair said...

We made this tonight and it went together in like 5 minutes. My kids totally ate it up. I love cheap meals that taste good (haha... I accidentally wrote "cheap males"). Thanks!