Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Cream of Chicken Noodle Soup

DJ and I went to this cute little restaurant the other day while Christina babysat our kids (thanks, Stina!!) and DJ got this soup along with his meal. It was so good that I went home and tried to duplicate it! This soup is amazing and makes me glad it's still cold outside! And don't be afraid of the homemade noodles. They are really easy and worth every bit of effort! They're almost like dumplings. Nothing even compares!

2 chicken breasts cooked and shreaded
3 carrots pealed chopped and cooked (or about 20 baby carrots)
green onions chopped (however much you like)
2 cans cream of celery soup
2 can chicken broth
1 can water
salt and pepper to taste
Noodles

In a large pot over medium heat, stir the soup, broth and water together until smooth. Add chicken and cooked carrots and onions and bring to a boil stirring often. Drop noodles in boiling soup and continue to boil for 10 min stirring occasionally.

*I put my chicken breasts and carrots in the crock pot for about 3 hours on high so they were all ready to just throw in!


Homemade Noodles


2 c. white or wheat flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 egg
1/4 c. water
1 Tbls. veg. oil

Combine flour and salt in a large bowl. Make a well in the middle and add the egg, water and oil to the well. whisk with a fork until all ingredients are combined and you have a sticky ball. Divide into 3 portions. Roll each section out one at a time on floured surface about1/8 in. thick and cut into strips 1/2 in wide.

3 comments:

Stina said...

Okay, so you've convinced me to try to make homemade noodles. Hello Betty Crocker!! I love creamy soups, so I'm sure this will be an improvement on the traditional!! Thanks for inventing the recipe.

Denise said...

Very impressive! I am in such a soup mood and the best part is how easy soups freeze. I will definitely be trying this one.

Kelli said...

I'm impressed you were able to recreate a recipe! I'm excited to try this, I love soup, although I'm nervous to make homemade noodles, anyone made them yet? Are they better than store bought? I've never had homemade before.