Monday, January 12, 2009

Peanut Butter Chicken

Okay, so you will have to trust me (or more my family) that this is a good recipe! It sounds soo gross, but my kids and husband LOVED it! Give it a try and let the kiddos help with this one.
1 c. mayonnaise
1/4 c. honey
2T. Dijon mustard
2 T. peanut butter
Mix together
4 chicken breasts cut into strips
2c. Finley crushed potato chips (like lays)
Dip the chicken strips in the wet sauce and then roll in crushed potato chips.
Place on a baking sheet, do not stack the chicken.
Bake at 425 for 7-9 minutes. Check that it is cooked because the time depends on how thick the chicken strips are.

7 comments:

Stina said...

I'm not afraid of peanut butter chicken, in fact--Thai restaurants serve a peanut butter sauce and it is AMAZING. I'm very excited to try this. Thank you!

Celeste Pearson said...

I don't think it sounds terrible at all - bring on the peanut butter chicken! I'm so excited to try this that I am buying potato chips for the first time in years just for this!

Carissa Poyfair said...

You can't go wrong with peanut butter and chicken! I'm always looking for new ways to make chicken. And this doesn't sound hard to make at all!

I was talking to my dad when I saw this recipe and he said it sounded like something some college guys made up one night when all they had was peanut butter and chicken in the house. I told him there was more to it than just those two ingredients, but I thought it was funny anyway!

Kelli said...

Ok, so after one of you actually tries this, let me know what you think. I'd like to try it, especially because I have everything except the chicken already in my kitchen but I'd like to know more opinions.

Kristi Adams said...

Peanut butter on anything can't be bad! I could live off of peanut butter!

Kristi Adams said...

I made this last night and it was fabulous! The chicken was so moist with just enough peanut butter flavor - not over whelming. I loved it so much I even ate all the crispy stuff off the bottom of the pan! I will make this again. Thanks!

Stina said...

I made this last night and loved it. I loved that the chicken was so tender that my kids ate it. (Austin & Kade aren't big on having to chew their food). Thanks! It received the Brent Pearson family stamp of approval!