Friday, January 16, 2009

Breadsticks

Breadsticks

1 1/2 cups warm water
1 Tbsp yeast
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp salt
4 1/2 cups flour
1 cube butter
Parmesan Cheese
Garlic Powder

In a large mixing bowl, combine water and yeast. Let yeast dissolve. Add sugar and salt. Mix together and add flour, one cup at a time. Knead dough for 5 minutes or until elastic. Let rest for 10 minutes. Melt butter. Pour 1/2 butter into 9x13 pan. Spread dough on top to fill pan. Pour remaining butter on dough. Season with Parmesan cheese and garlic powder. Cut into desired size breadsticks. Let rise for 20 minutes. Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.

Hint: If you're in a rush, you can quickly mix dough and immediately put into pan. Let them rise as long as it takes to preheat the oven. And the still turn out great!

Also, you can sprinkle with cinnamon sugar instead and serve with frosting!

5 comments:

Denise said...

I use this recipe all of the time. They are good and very easy. I will have to try them with cinnamon and sugar some time!

Kristi Adams said...

Thanks, Christina! These are sooo good. I think I crave things more when I'm nursing and these are one of those things! They were soo yummy with the cream cheese frosting!!

Stina said...

So, I made these (again). Can you blame me? But, out of inspiration, I thought of sprinkling Italian seasoning on top. You gotta try it. So good!

Carissa Poyfair said...

I made these for dinner last night and my kids loved them. I added some garlic powder and parmesan to the dough for some more flavor and they smelled so good while they were baking. I am going to try the cinnamon/sugar one next for dessert sometime. I just need to get some frosting.

Tia said...

We absolutely love this recipe. Thanks for sharing!