Monday, September 29, 2008

Triple-Layer Peanut Butter Brownies

Okay, this totally isn't a soup, but they are so good and so easy.

1 package (19 to 21 oz) brownie mix, prepared and baked in a 13x9 inch pan (don't overbake - you want them gooey)
1 cup cold milk
1 package (3.4 oz) vanilla instant pudding mix
1 cup creamy peanut butter (I used chunky because it was all I had and it worked fine)
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups cool whip, frozen (DON'T THAW!)
3 squares Baker's semi-sweet baking chocolate
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped (these are optional but give the brownies crunch and make them look good too)

Whisk milk and pudding 2 minutes while brownies are cooling. Add peanut butter and sugar; mix well. Cover and refrigerate pudding mixture until brownies are completely cooled.

Spread pudding mixture on brownies, making sure it is evenly spread to all sides and smooth (you don't want peaks or the chocolate glaze won't cover it). Microwave whipped topping and chocolate on high for a minute to 2 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds. Pour and spread over pudding; sprinkle with nuts. Refrigerate at least one hour. Refrigerate leftovers. (I liked them better the next day, so I suggest refrigerating them overnight. They are easier to cut and more set).

4 comments:

Kelli said...

Very excited for these! We have a TON of peanut butter (11 jars!) thanks to WIC so I've been looking for ways to use it up a little. We are getting sick of peanut butter cookies.

Stina said...

I am so excited to make these!!!

Carissa Poyfair said...

These sound way good, and I think Adam might even eat them if they have peanut butter in them. Yeah!

Denise said...

These sound dangerously good. I might have to go to the store for the ingredients...and I was just there!