Saturday, September 13, 2008

Panna Cotta with Fresh Berries


This is another recipe that I tried from the Giada cookbook I got for Mother's Day. It is definately not healthy but trust me, it's so worth it, and it is so easy to make. The panna cotta is really creamy, sort of like a pudding but creamier, and the berries make it amazing. I definately recommend making this, especially on a special occasion because it is so fancy looking. I can't wait to make it again.

1 cup whole milk
1 tablespoon unflavored powdered gelatin
3 cups whipping cream
1/3 cup honey
1 tablespoon sugar
Pinch salt
2 cups assorted fresh berries (I used raspberries and blueberries..whatever's on sale)

Place the milk in a medium saucepan. Sprinkle the gelatin over. Let stand for 3 to 5 minutes to soften the gelatin. Place the saucepan on the stove and stir over medium heat just until the gelatin dissolves but the milk does not boil, about 5 minutes (remember to stir pretty often to the milk doesn't burn at the bottom). Add the cream, honey, sugar, and salt. Stir until the sugar dissolves, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the heat. Pour into 6 wine glasses so that they are 1/2 full. Cool slightly. Refrigerate until set, at least 6 hours (some people on the Food Network website suggested longer than 6 hours, maybe make this in the morning and serve for dessert).

Spoon the berries atop the panna cotta and serve.

3 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

This looks so yummy! I will have to pretend there is a special occasion sometime this week so I have an excuse to make it! I loved this stuff at Macaroni Grill by the way. It's amazing.

Kristi Adams said...

Wow, this looks really good. Its sounds like a good treat for a lunch bunch! btw, Christina, when are we going to do that again?

Stina said...

This does sound so so good. Refreshing and light. We need to do a lunch bunch again soon!! I wish the FFR Girls lived closer. How fun would it be to bring recipes we've posted?