Monday, September 8, 2008

Ice cream sandwich casserole

Okay, I just tried this and have no recipe or proper name for it. It was so good and very very easy to make. I am sad that summer is almost over because it is a great summer dessert. It is pretty easy to guess the amounts you want on it. You have to try it!
Ice Cream sandwich Casserole
Ice cream sandwiches
Whipped topping (Cool Whip)
chopped or crushed up pieces of a Heath candy bar
Place the ice cream sandwiches on the bottom of a 9x13 casserole dish
Smooth a layer of whipped topping over the ice cream sandwiches
Top the whipped topping with crushed pieces of the Heath bar
Repeat for the 2nd layer if wanted! Place in the freezer for at least 1 hour.

1 comment:

Stina said...

This is so so yummy!! I'm so glad you posted it!

I've only made it once--we made it with my Beehives. But, in addition to your ingredients, we first poured caramel sauce over the top of the ice cream sandwiches. Then we did the whipped cream and then the candy bars. I want to make it again!! It's been too long!