Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fall is here!

It finally feels like fall, at least here in Ohio. Olivia pointed out today that a tree we were passing was red and another was orange. She was so amazed at the different colors of trees and I explained (or tried to, anyway) that it was fall and what that meant. Then I started thinking about all the things I was excited about for fall: pumpkin patches, hay rides, crunchy leaves, no humidity!, the beautiful colors of nature, and soup! I rarely make soup in the summer and now I am craving it. Besides my two faves, corn chowder and broccoli cheddar soup (both recipes have been posted on here already), does anyone have any new or different soup recipes they want to share? I need some new soups in my recipe box and am so excited to try them.

My contribution? It's lame, but I love the new Select Harvest soups from Campbell's. They have no preservatives in them so they are as close to organic as I am going to get without paying for organic prices, and I love the new Tomato Garden flavor. Check them out! It doesn't get any easier than canned soup!

4 comments:

Kelli said...

I haven't tried this yet, but the girls at my cooking group said it was pretty good... http://www.kraftfoods.com/kf/recipes/quick-creamy-chicken-stew-97966.aspx

If it sucks, don't give me credit for it. If it's delicious, then make sure you thank me =)

Stina said...

I actually really like the German Lentil Soup I posted before. And, I love Kristi's Tomato Soup (it calls for cream cheese!!).

Carissa Poyfair said...

Oh yeah, I make that homemade tomato soup all the time and I love it. It's one if Adam's favorites. I'll have to try your lentil soup. I actually really like lentils in my soups, does that make me weird?

Denise said...

I love the fall and all the soups, Yum! My friends all swear by an Olive Garden recipe, I think it has noodles and sausage? I love the minestrone soup I posted last year from the Olive Garden. I will get the recipe and post it as soon as I get it.