Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Broccoli Salad and Veggie Pizza

I listed these two on my blog since some friends wanted them:

http://thepoyfairs.blogspot.com/2008/09/recipe-requests.html

The broccoli salad is always a hit. Kelli made it for my son Jack's first birthday party dinner and I have made it so many times. Every time I bring it to a luncheon or BBQ it is the first thing gone and I always have people calling me for the recipe. It is from The Essential Mormon Cookbook by Julie Badger Jensen. I know Celeste and Kelli use some other recipes out of that book too. I really like it.

The veggie pizza is a recipe I've used before but forgot about it until yesterday when I had both a Labor Day BBQ and a Fantasy Football Couples' Draft party to go to and bring finger foods too. I fell in love with this recipe again and had multiple requests for the recipe. So, if you are interested in either recipe, go for it. They both require very minimal cooking (bacon for the salad and the crescent roll crust for the pizza).

3 comments:

Kelli said...

I love the veggie pizza because it really is quite versatile, you can switch it up to use whatever veggies you like. Also, if I'm in a rush to make the broccoli salad, I use the bacon that you put in the microwave for like 10 seconds, it isn't as thick but it is great for a rush job.

Stina said...

Thanks for posting the recipes. I already commented on your other blog, but I could I not comment on this one too? I recommend both!

Denise said...

The broccoli salad recipe is the exact one I use! I can not wait to try the veggie pizza, it sounds so good!!