Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Chicken and Squash Shish Kabobs

This is my very favorite dinner lately. Partly because I get to use stuff from my garden but mostly because they are just sooooo good and flavorful. They are also so easy to prepare and you can use your bbq so you don't heat up your kitchen at dinner time!


2 chicken breasts cut into chunks
2 small zucchini
2 small yellow squash
2 carrots pealed
1/2 c. Italian dressing

Place chicken chunks in an air tight container a drizzle with 1/4 c. Italian dressing. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour. Chop veggies into bit size pieces and place in another air tight container and drizzle with the remaining 1/4 c. Italian dressing and marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
Alternate veggies and chicken on shishkabob skewers and bbq until done. Or place shishkabobs on a cookie sheet and broil until done. Serve with seasoned rice and ranch dressing for dipping!

2 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

I love chicken and squash and zucchini! Thanks for this recipe. I am totally making this as soon as I can!

Just a little note about wooden or bamboo skewers: Make sure you soak them for at least an hour beforehand so they don't burn on the grill or broiler.

Stina said...

This sounds yummy. I have squash in my fridge right now. I love grilling squash!! Yum!