Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Cheesy Pigs in a Blanket.

I made these for Olivia's birthday party and they were a hit! I was eating them more than the kids I think. I got it off kraftfoods.com (of course), but seriously, this is such an easy recipe, any one could have made it up on their own, but I thought I would post it as an idea for kids' lunches or snacks. It would also work as an appetizer at a party. You can switch up the beef Little Smokies for a spicier kind for the adults.

6 Kraft Singles (yes, processes cheese, but it has calcium!)

1 tube refrigerated crescent rolls (8 oz size)

24 Little Smokies (I used the beef ones)


Preheat oven to 375. Cut each cheese slice into four strips then cut in half (making 8 pieces from each slice).

Separate dough into the triangles and cut each triangle into thirds lengthwise. Top each triangle with 2 pieces of cheese and 1 Little Smokie. Roll up and place on an ungreased baking sheet.

Bake 12 minutes or until golden brown.


5 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

If I ever ask Bryce and Rix what they want for lunch, they will always say hot dogs. I am totally making this - crescent rolls make everything better!

Denise said...

My kids will love this! I am getting so sick of the same five items I feed my kids for lunch. It will be nice for a change.

Stina said...

MMMMMM! These look and sound good. Thanks!

Celeste Pearson said...

OKay, so I saw the picture again and decided that I will use the excuse that my kids will eat these while really what I mean is they look so YUMMY! I want to eat them right now, but I have no rolls and no little smokies. Only processed cheese. And it just isn't the same without the rolls and smokies. *sniff*

Stina said...

Kristi made these while we watched the BYU Game. They are so good!! I could've eaten them all day long!