Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Fudge in a Bag

I'm sure you all know how chocolate runs in my veins. I'm not enticed by soda or candy. But chocolate--ooh la la! Well, Brent has been slimming down on his soda intake this month and is struggling for motivation. So, I thought I'd volunteer to give up chocolate. Officially, this will begin on March 1st. And, over the past week I've realized how much chocolate I eat (thank goodness for my exercising!!!). Wish me luck starting on Saturday--I really don't know how long I can last!

As for this recipe, it's one that I've had a lady in my preschool co-op do before. And, it was given to us at a Young Women's Camp training meeting. I did it with Austin and Lexy in our mini preschool today. They enjoyed it--although pressing it together takes grown up help. I gave them their own bags, but you can do it together in one big bag and then divide it. Have fun!

1 lb (3 3/4 cups) powdered sugar
3 oz cream cheese
1 cube margarine
1/2 cup cocoa
1 tsp vanilla

Knead in a bag until mixed. Pat down on a flat surface and cut into squares and serve!

If you want to do individual bags--enough to feed 3-4 three-year-olds, try condensing it to this:

1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
1 oz cream cheese
2 2/3 tbsp margarine
a little more than 1/8 cup cocoa
1/3 tsp vanilla

5 comments:

Kristi Adams said...

This fudge is actually really good although Bryson had to keep reminding me, and himself, that it wasn't poo! It does kinda look like it! We all sat around the table with spoons and ate it!

Stina said...

It really does look like poo. In fact, the lady who did it for camp cut a corner off the bag and squeezed it out into a long roll. It looked terrible! But, it tastes so so good! I'm glad Lexy saved you guys some. She was so thoughtful. Austin wanted all of it at once.

Carissa Poyfair said...

So I should close my eyes when I eat this? I love chocolate no matter what form it is in. Yeah for easy fudge (and minimal clean up)!!!

Kelli said...

Ooohhh...fudge that tastes like yummy chocolateness but looks like poo but really isn't? Haha...just kidding. Sounds like a fun project for the kids. And good luck giving up chocolate...but really, all things in moderation, maybe like 1 Hersheys Kiss a day or something? If you want to totally get rid of it, good luck, but I would be so sad for you!

Denise said...

I will have to tell my kids we are making edible poop! This does sound fun to make with them though!

Stina you can totally do without chocolate. Maybe do it for a week and have one night where you and Brent can enjoy chocolate and soda. It will be easier than you think. Good luck:)