Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Baked Ziti


This recipe doesn't have the glamor of the previous recipes, but it's a goody. It's like a lasagna, but easier. I make it every time I need to bring dinner to someone. I buy the disposable pans and throw it in. If I were a little more prepared, I'd buy 3 square disposable pans and make one to bring, one for the freezer, and one for my family to make. Even then, I'd still have leftovers! I know Kristi made this recipe from the Biggest Loser's website. So, she may need to post her variation.

Also, you could use Kelli's spaghetti sauce for this recipe!

Baked Ziti
Sandy Liggett (Brent's cousin)

1 lb dry ziti, or tube noodles
onion
1 garlic clove
1 lb ground beef
2 26 oz spaghetti sauce
6 slices provolone cheese (I buy it from Sam's, divide it into freezer bags)
1 1/2 cups sour cream
6 oz shredded mozzarella cheese
2 Tbsp grated Parmesan

Cook noodles until al dente. Brown ground beef with chopped onion and garlic. Drain. Add spaghetti sauce. Layer in pan in the following order:

sauce (just enough to cover the bottom)
noodles
sauce
provolone (enough to cover)
sour cream
sauce
mozzarella cheese
Parmesan cheese

Bake at 350 for 30-minutes or until the cheese is melted and the sauce bubbling.

6 comments:

Celeste Pearson said...

This sounds tasty! My mom loves Baked Ziti so I'll have to forward this recipe to her. And I love the idea of freezing some!

Carissa Poyfair said...

So.... do you cook the noodles? Or put them in dry? I love the amount of cheese in this. Yummy! And I'm always in need of a good meal to bring someone. I hate trying to figure out what to bring that is somewhat cheap but yummy too!

Stina said...

Oops--yes cook the noodles first, so they're still a little hard. Al dente (I think).

Kristi Adams said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carissa Poyfair said...

I made this last night and it was super yummy! I was a little skeptical of sour cream in it but it is so good! And it makes a TON. Like, literally, an entire 9x13 all the way to the top!

Celeste Pearson said...

I made this a couple weeks ago and oh my goodness it was sooo good! And it literally made so much -I fed my whole family and my parents. And then my whole family again the next night. And then Bryan brought some for lunch. So so so good. I'm bringing some to a lady in our ward who just a had a baby and I'm halfing it - one half for her and one for me :) Thanks for sharing! Oh, and don't skip or substitute the provolone! It's so good!!