Friday, June 11, 2010

Peanut Butter Cheesecake Brownies

These were really good and rich, so it was easy giving half of the pan away to family and friends since I couldn't eat very many. But they are so good. Don't be daunted by the steps. Most of it is just cooling time in the fridge. These taste better the day after too after they are set up more.

Oh, and in this recipe, you really have to use the Pillsbury brand brownie mix! The first time I made them I used Duncan Hines mix and the brownie layer was totally uncooked and gooey. Like bad gooey. So I read on the Pillsbury website under the reviews for the recipe, and someone said that she had the same problem with using Betty Crocker, and so it only works with the Pillsbury (trust me on this).


1 box (19.5 oz) Pillsbury® Chocolate Fudge Brownie Mix (you really have to use the Pillsbury brand!)

1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup water
2 eggs
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 can (14 oz) Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/2 cup Creamy Peanut Butter (I used crunchy and it was fine, although I think creamy is better)
1 bag (8 oz) Heath® milk chocolate toffee bits
1 cup milk chocolate baking chips
3 tablespoons whipping cream (I just used milk and it was fine.)
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.

2. In medium bowl, stir brownie mix, oil, water and eggs 50 strokes with spoon. Spread batter in pan; set aside.

3. In large bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer on medium speed until fluffy. Add milk and peanut butter; beat until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of the toffee bits. Spoon mixture over batter; spread evenly. (Spooning the mix over the batter is a little tricky. Just be patient and know it doesn't have to be perfect).

4. Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until cheesecake layer is set and edges are light golden brown. Cool on cooling rack 30 minutes. Refrigerate 40 minutes.

5. In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and cream (or milk) uncovered on High 40 to 60 seconds or until chips are melted; stir until smooth. Spread over cheesecake layer. Sprinkle with remaining toffee bits. Cool completely, about 1 hour. Serve cold. Store covered in refrigerator.

For higher altitudes, you can click on this link for tips on how to adjust the recipe.

4 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

These were super yummy and rich. So good with a glass of milk!

Denise said...

Yum, cant wait!

Stina said...

Oh I am definitely going to make these!!!!

Stina said...

So I made these last night. I had 2--yes 2--dinners to make. One for a sister I visit teach, and another for having friends over to BBQ. So, I made these for dessert. They were AMAZING! And, the brownie was still gooey yummy underneath the peanut butter cheesecake. Loved it!

Also, I think it calls for whipping cream with the milk chocolate chips because it makes it fudgier. I have a fudge recipe using whipping cream and it seemed to do the same thing. Just a theory. I bought a little carton for 59-cents or something.

Loved it! Thanks, Celeste!