Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Mini German Pancakes

For some reason German pancakes have never been a big hit in my family.  I love them and just recently heard a friend saying she makes hers in her muffin pan.  I tried it and tada...they loved it!  I have been obsessed with putting orange grind in everything.  Santa always leaves oranges in our stockings and I figured we would have oranges and I could use the grinds in the pancakes.  It was sooo good, you have to try it!




Mini German Pancakes
1 cup milk
6 eggs
1 cup flour
1 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. salt
1 tsp. orange grind
4 tsp. melted butter

Mix all ingredients except melted butter in a blender or electric mixer. Make sure there are no clumps left and slowly add the melted butter. Spray a muffin pan with pam and fill each muffin space half way. Cook at 400 degrees for 15 minutes!  I filled mine over half full because I was too lazy to make two batches and it took about 18 minutes.

4 comments:

Stina said...

What a genius idea! Otherwise they're so big... Have you ever tried slicing apples into them? I'll have to try these again. It's been years!

Kristi Adams said...

This IS genius! I absolutely love German pancakes and so do my kids but I always forget about them! This just might be breakfast in the morning!

Carissa Poyfair said...

I've made the big one once and it was really yummy. I'll have to try this one out when we have "breakfast for dinner" night!

Kelli said...

I made these for breakfast this morning and they were SO GOOD. Hayden, my non-bread eater, even had two. I put orange zest in it, but I wonder what other options there are? Apples and cinnamon maybe? They were so easy to make and I almost always have all the ingredients on hand. Love the recipe, Denise...thanks!