Sunday, December 27, 2009

Symphony Bar Fudge

As you may remember, I requested recipes for fudge and just really wanted an amazing one. I guess I should never doubt my collection because I found this recipe given to me by my aunt Darlene. The only reason I tried it is because Kristi made her mother-in-law's rockin' fudge and this is a similar recipe. I'll let Kristi post her recipe later!! (FYI: Kristi's computer has a virus so she may be MIA for awhile...)

Symphony Fudge

In a large (emphasis on large) heavy pan or roaster combine:
2 cups heavy cream
4 cups granulated sugar

Stir well to mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil and then heat to soft ball stage (235 degrees on a candy thermometer). Do not stir again after mixture reaches a rolling boil. Remove from heat.

In a large mixing bowl combine:
1 cup real butter cut into chunks
3 Hershey or Symphony 1/2 lb bars (break into pieces)

Pour hot mixture over butter and chocolate pieces. Beat with electric mixer until glossy. Pour into buttered 9x13 pan and put into refrigerator or freezer to cool.

Note: You can make this recipe with or without almonds in the chocolate bars. Use Symphony Bars with toffee and almonds to add texture to the fudge.

4 comments:

Kristi Adams said...

This fudge is really really really good! My mom and I fought over the last piece! It is so creamy and just melts in your mouth. I wish i had a piece right now!!

Celeste Pearson said...

Mmmmm! I love Symphony Bars! And I don't have a rockin' fudge recipe, so I'll give this a try!

Kelli said...

You would post this after my new year's resolution to eat healthy!!! Oh well, I'll just start next week :)

Stina said...

Yeah, the triplets are back from the cruise! That means comments again!