Sunday, October 26, 2008

White Chocolate Raspberry Blondies

Um, why are all the recent recipes desserts? Is it because they are soooo good, and, at least for me, our dinners have been less than spectacular? You betcha!Finally, a "brownie" recipe that isn't chocolate that my husband will actually eat! I got this off of the Picky Palate blog, which I love to pieces. I've made a couple of her things and am excited to make more, like her shepherd's pie, open face lasagna on ciabatta rolls, and corn chowder! This is a girl after my own taste buds! Seriously, though, these blondies have an almost cheesecake-like texture, and the only expensive thing is the raspberries since they are a little out of season. I did not use "sanding sugar" since I really don't have any (you can get it at JoAnn's in the cake area) but just mixed regular sugar with the pecans for some sweetness anyway. I also had to cook mine almost 20 minutes more than 30-35 minutes, so just bake it for 30 minutes and then check it with a toothpick, then bake for 5 minute increments until it's done. Anyway, here is the link, and check out the rest of her blog too!

4 comments:

Stina said...

Sounds so so yummy! Especially the cheesecake texture. Woo hoo!

Kristi Adams said...

Thanks for introducing me to the picky palate blog! I love it! This recipe looks sooo good. I had a blondie the other day at Applebees and I've been craving them ever since!

Kelli said...

Hey I love Applebee's blondies too! I'm totally making these, but of course when I can share them otherwise I can imagine I would eat them all.

Denise said...

Yum! Sounds good. I love the picky palate blog!