Saturday, December 15, 2007

Spiced Cranberry-Orange Mold

I just made this tonight, as in, I just put it in the mold so I have no idea how that part of it will turn out. But the mix tastes so yummy and I know even if the mold doesn't work a pan will always do the trick! Right??? (P.S. My mold is just a bundt pan, that's right, I'm ghetto!)

1 1/2 cups boiling water
2 (3 ounces each) cranberry flavor gelatin
1 (16 ounce) can whole berry cranberry sauce
1 cup cold water
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
1 orange peeled, sectioned, and diced
1/2 cup chopped walnuts (I say nuts are always optional, I prefer them not in my sweets!)


1. Stir boiling water into gelatin in large bowl 2 minutes until completely dissolved. Add cranberry sauce, cold water, lemon juice, cinnamon and cloves; mix well. Refrigerate about 1 1/2 hours or until thickened (spoon drawn through leaves a definite impression).
2. Stir in oranges and walnuts. Spoon into 6 cup mold sprayed with cooking spray.
3. Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Unmold. Garnish as desired.

Makes 12 servings.

Nutrition Bonus: This festive holiday dish is low in sodium and a good source of vitamin C from the orange.

Nutrition: (per serving)
Calories 150
Total Fat 3 g
Sat. Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 70 mg
Carbohydrate 30 g
Dietary Fiber 1 g
Sugars 29 g
Protein 2 g
Vitamin A 0% DV
Vitamin C 10% DV
Calcium 0% DV
Iron 0% DV

4 comments:

Stina said...

Sounds good! And, I'm all about ghetto cooking!

Denise said...

I love that this is a low calorie high in vitamin C dessert, and you have the proof! Sounds good and I will have to use a bundt pan as well. Should we change the blog name to "ghetto cooks"!!

Kristi Adams said...

This sounds so fancy and I love the nutritional info! Usually I don't want to know the nutritional value of the food I eat unless it's healthy!

Kelli said...

Look at you and your fancy cooking! Sounds great, I'll have to show it to my mom to see if we can make it for Christmas dinner!