Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Chicken over Chips

I can't take credit for this recipe--it's from Kristen Ann. And it is so delicious! It's like the cafe rio chicken recipe on an earlier post. Brent said we have to have it again, and I may make it once a week. And, when I make it again, I may omit the chicken broth or just add 1/2 a cup--the cafe rio recipe doesn't call for it and I don't think it would make a huge difference. You just have to strain the chicken as you pull it out. Also, I may add an extra can of beans. They were so good!

5-6 chicken breasts
1 can chicken broth
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup salsa
1/4 cup BBQ sauce
salt to taste
1 can black label Ranch-style beans
A bag of Fritos!
Shredded cheese
Sour Cream

Place all ingredients, except beans, into crock-pot and set on LOW for 6 hours or HIGH for 4 hours. Shred chicken with fork. Just before serving, add beans and stir, allow to cook for another 30 minutes. Serve over corn chips. Top with cheese and sour cream.

3 comments:

Kristi Adams said...

This sounds really good! It definitely sounds like something my family would love and I have been craving bbq chicken lately!

Carissa Poyfair said...

Who knew chicken over Fritos would be yummy? Adam loves Fritos so I am looking forward to making this recipe when we get home!

Sheral Wilson said...

We're a little late on this particular recipe... like 4 1/2 years!! We made this last October and it quickly became one of our family's favorites!!
Thanks for sharing!!