Monday, December 3, 2007

Slow Roasted Ham

I had the best ham of my life last night (made by Ken & Heidi Hawkes). You buy either a Butt piece or something else, if I remember I'll let you know. Those are the best. And then you put it in a roasting pan--I'm sure the roasting bags will work too. Just make sure it's covered. You bake at 300 for 6-8 hours. During the last hour you glaze it with this recipe:

1/2 cup brown sugar
1 tsp dry mustard
2-3 Tbsp orange juice.

I'm making it for a little Christmas dinner/party Kristi and I are throwing. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Love you guys!

2 comments:

Denise said...

Josh uses this recipe and swears by it. In the roasting pan under the wire rack he puts about an inch of water. That makes it so the ham does not dry out while cooking. Just make sure the ham is not sitting in the water :) He does not use a roasting bag but I don't think you would need the water with the bag!

Kristi Adams said...

I can't wait to try this!!