Saturday, September 8, 2007

Speedy Chicken Stir Fry

This is from the Kraft magazine that just came in the mail. I saw this on the cover and had to try it. It was so unbelievably easy. I had it on the table within 20 minutes or so. And it's also easy to change up a bit or make vegetarian too, just sub in what veggies you have, like carrots or snow peas, or add a lot of veggies to take the place of the chicken. And the salad dressing you use in the sauce is way good on salads too.

8 oz. angel hair pasta, uncooked
2 cups small broccoli florets
1 lb chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
1/2 cup Kraft Asian Toasted Sesame dressing
2 Tbsp soy sauce
1/4 tsp each ground ginger, garlic powder, and crushed red pepper flakes
1/3 cup dry roasted peanuts, chopped

Cook pasta as directed on package, adding broccoli to the salted boiling water for the last 3 min. of the pasta cooking time. (After 3 minutes I put the broccoli in a bowl of ice water- it's called "shocking" it- in order to keep it crisp and not mushy, and then you add it into the dish at the very end to warm it through again).

Meanwhile, spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat on medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 6 to 8 min. or until cooked through, stirring occasionally. Stir in dressing, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and crushed red pepper; cook 1 min., stirring occasionally.

Drain pasta mixture; place in large bowl. Add chicken mixture; mix lightly. Spoon evenly into four serving bowls; sprinkle with the peanuts.

**I just added my noodles straight into the pot with sauce so I didn't dirty more dishes. Also, don't skip the peanuts. They really add to the dish. I also used thin cut chicken (cutlets) since they cook a lot quicker than regular chicken breasts do. Enjoy!

5 comments:

Denise said...

I am so going to try this recipe. It does sound easy and fast, and that is all I cook lately! I almost have all the ingredients as well. I love the Kraft recipe magazines; they always have some good recipes.

Celeste Pearson said...

Hey! I saw this on the cover too and dogeared the page so I could try it! Now that I have a stamp of approval that it is tasty, I am totally making it.

Kristi Adams said...

I can't wait to try this! Sounds delish!

Stina said...

I am definitely giving these a go. Thanks for the dinner idea.

Stina said...

So I made this tonight and loved it. I would just add a whole stir fry pack and not just 2 cups of broccoli. I need more substance!!! I loved the sauce and seasoning. It was very quick and very easy. Great recipe!!