Monday, September 24, 2007

UH OH!

Okay everyone. I have some serious get fat treats here. I can feel the weight gain already! These cookies are extremely moist and 100% better the next day. HAHAHA! READY?


Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


INGREDIENTS:

1 cup canned pumpkin

1 cup white sugar

1/2 cup vegetable oil

1 egg

2 cups all purpose flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

2 teaspoons ground cinnamon (or 1 tsp ground cinnamon and 1 tsp ground nutmeg. Your choice.)

1/2 teaspoon salt

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon milk

1 tablespoon vanilla extract

1 cup semisweet chocolate chips


DIRECTIONS:

1. Combine pumpkin, sugar, vegetable oil, and egg. In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, ground cinnamon, and salt. Dissolve the baking soda with the milk and stir in. Add flour mixture to pumpkin mixture and mix well.

2. Add vanilla and chocolate chips.

3. Drop by spoonful on greased cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees F for approximately 10 minutes or until lightly brown and firm.

4. EAT!


VARIATIONS:

You can also add 1/2 cup chopped walnuts. AND I also experimented and made some with out chocolate chips or nuts and made this frosting for the cookies.


CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:

1 tablespoon vanilla

1 lb. powdered sugar (4 1/2 - 5 cups)

1 stick of melted butter

1 8 oz. melted cream cheese

Beat until smooth. Frost cookies when they are cooled.


See here's where my biggest UH OH comes in. Next, I want to try the cookies with the chocolate chips AND the frosting! If I look like this next time I see you, don't laugh.

5 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Awesome picture, Des. You are too cute. Anyway, I am way excited for these cookies. I *heart* pumpkin desserts in the fall!

Stina said...

Oh baby. Oh baby. Oh baby Oh baby!!!

Stina said...

So, have you heard of the wicked short cut to these delicious cookies? You get a spice cake mix, can of pumpkin, and chocolate chips. Throw them to together, bake at 350 for like 6-8 minutes (or something) and there you have fluffy pumpkin cookies. I'm sure not near as good, but when you're in a bind for a party--there you go.

Denise said...

YUM these sound D-lish :) I LOVE the picture of what you will look like after eating these cookies, and yet, I still want to eat them :0 Stina, I did not know that shortcut! Thanks. I think I will try the original recipe but keep the quick recipe on hand as well. I love that I looked on the blog for a recipe and got a good laugh!!!!

Kelli said...

Des, you are SEXY! And thanks for the recipe, I can imagine making these will make it feel so much more like fall and less like summer. I'm so excited to try them! And if I could only look as great as you... =)