Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Peach Oreo Dessert

Well, if there's something I know...it's how to make something healthy unhealthy! And, now that we're in the thick of peach season--give this one a try! It's so light and yummy!!

1/2 lb Oreos
8 individual graham crackers
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
3/4 cup
2 eggs
8 peaches
3/4 pt whipping cream

Crush Oreos and graham crackers. Spread 3/4 of mixture in a 9x13 pan. Cream butter, eggs, and powdered sugar. Layer carefully on top of crumbs. Peel and slice peaches and layer on butter mixture. Whip the cream and sweeten with vanilla and 2 tbsp sugar. Spread over peaches. Cover with remaining crumbs. Refrigerate overnight (optional).

The person who makes this recipe recommends using an extra egg and a little more powdered sugar because it makes it creamier and easier to plop down on top of the crumbs. When I had hers, it was delicious!! It almost tasted like a pudding...very creamy. Yum!

3 comments:

Stina said...

I just realized, this has raw eggs in it and no baking!!! Maybe we should sub vanilla pudding over the top instead...I bet it would still taste as good...

Kristi Adams said...

Yea, the raw eggs would make me a little nervous, too. There has to be a way to make it delicious AND safe! Peach Oreo...yummmmmm!!

Stina said...

I posted this recipe years ago, and recently made it again. I bought egg beaters to substitute for the raw eggs. And, I have to rave about it--this recipe is divine! In Brent's words, "You think the peach and oreo combination would be really weird, but I really like it!" And, that comes from a guy who isn't a fan of fruit or fruit desserts.