Friday, September 28, 2007

Bacon Wrapped Smokies

So I was at a baby shower last night and there was this dish there that I kept eating, and I'm sure if no one was watching (or judging!) me then I would have eaten the whole plate! The recipe is way simple and honestly I've written the recipe the same way my friend said to make them, so just have fun making and EATING this!

A package of Lil' Smokies
A package of bacon, uncooked
Brown Sugar

Wrap 1/3 to 1/2 of a slice of bacon around each Smokie and secure with a toothpick. Put all bacon wrapped Smokies in a 9x13 dish (or whatever size fits the amount you are making) spacing them apart a little. Sprinkle a ton of brown sugar over the top of them and bake at 350 until bacon is crispy and brown sugar has started to carmelize. So yum-o!

5 comments:

Kelli said...

They sound so good! And as healthy as Des's treats below HAHA! I'll have to make these, I love bacon!

Kristi Adams said...

Now this is right up my alley!
Or as Homer Simpson would say "Meat wrapped in meat, mmmmmmm"

Stina said...

Carissa, I'm going to give you all the credit for the reason my marriage is so strong. Brent will love me forever and ever and ever for making these.

And Kristi, how in the world do you know what Homer Simpson says???

Kristi Adams said...

Don't ask!

Stina said...

I am in love. Made these the other day and they will definitely make it to all my events needing finger foods. I think I put about 1 to 1 1/2 cups brown sugar on top. Yum!!!