Saturday, March 10, 2012

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Everything Cookies

This is a recipe that my brother and I started playing with as kids. We started out with plain Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies and then over the years started adding everything else. Over the years we slowly added peanut butter, coconut and of course more chips! However, because we had added so much to the recipe I found that i needed to tweak the recipe in order for the cookies to come out perfect. Or at least as perfect as a Tia can get a cookie. If you're looking for a cookie recipe that has a little bit of all your favorite cookie ingredients, you just may fall in love with this one. I hope you guys love this family favorite as much as we do!

Better Homes & Gardens Recipe that has been Tweaked and added to

1 cup butter, softened (not melted!)
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup[ peanut butter

Cream these together until the butter and sugars are nice and creamy.

1 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon
dash nutmeg (i just give a quick shake or two)
2 eggs
1tsp vanilla

Mix to combine.

2 cups flour
2 cups oats
1/2 coconut
2 cups chocolate chips

Mix until just combined. Be careful not to over mix this recipe at this point because cookies won't be as soft. I usually just give it about 4-5 turns in the Kitchenaide, and then 2-3 more with a wooden spoon to make sure everything is really mixed in.

Make sure that this dough is still pretty cool when you scoop it, otherwise the cookies will spread too much and not cook right. I use a scoop, for this recipe to get the most consistent cookies.

Bake @ 375 for 8-10 minutes. Makes about 24 cookies.

4 comments:

Kristi Adams said...

I have never thought of putting peanut butter in my oatmeal cookies but peanut butter in anything is never bad! These sound really good!

Stina said...

I have had these cookies and every time since then, I've wished for the recipe so I could make them myself. They are so incredibly good!

And you have to know that Tia used to work at Cookies by Design (is that it?) and would make incredible cookies there as well.

But, these are entirely her own creation. They are fantastic! THANKS TIA!!!

Stina said...

I made these the other day. My only regret? Holding off the coconut because of lame pickiness in the family. Next time, I'm gonna just do it and indulge myself. Thanks Tia. They turned out perfect!!!

Kristi Adams said...

Seriously the BEST cookies EVER!!! LOVED the peanut butter and coconut and they were so soft! I was going to share them with my neighbors but I don't want to give them away!