Friday, March 2, 2012

Infamous Winger's Sticky Fingers

Pinterest Recipe #1= Success!

If you love Winger's like Ethan and I do, but hate eating out then this recipe is for you. It is one of those recipes that really does what it claims to do: mimic a restaurant recipe.

For the chicken...

I just buy a package of Tyson’s frozen breaded chicken strips and bake them according to their conventional oven directions. (**Warning: this makes enough sauce to feed the whole family about 10-12 pieces of chicken. So, if you're not feeding a crowd you might want to halve the recipe like we did.)

**If you wish to fry them, go for it! Or if you have your own breaded chicken recipe and you feel up to the challenge, then try it! Tyson’s frozen breaded chicken is already done (just bake according to package's directions)and is way easy for the meal in a crunch.**


Now for the SPECIAL Wingers Sauce

  • 1 and ½ cups brown sugar
  • 6 Tbsp FRANKS hot sauce (I would use the original because the buffalo version she suggested was a little too hot for my sensative pallet = ))
  • 4 Tbsp water
Heat sauce until sugar is dissolved, then pour over chicken!
Enjoy! Serves about 2 with a little left over….so 2 for the price of 1!


Blog where the recipe was originally found: http://www.chef-in-training.com/2011/06/infamous-wingers-sticky-fingers.html

5 comments:

Stina said...

Woot! Woot! I happen to know someone who dips her popcorn (ahemkristiahem) in Winger's Sauce. And now when she gets the pregnant girl craving she can do it from home!!

I heard that Brent's mom made this and it turned out great. I'm glad to have the recipe for my hubby. Now I can make the sticky finger appetizer platter--potato skins, fingers, wings...and I swear there's something else. I call it heart attack on a plate.

Celeste Pearson said...

I made this exact recipe for Super Bowl and got the seal of approval from Winger Super Fans Dave and Bryan, so I shared the recipe with Karen - she was buying the bottle of Wingers sauce and I think it was like $8 or more per bottle!! Crazy - but this recipe tastes exactly like Wingers.

Kristi Adams said...

I've made this recipe before too but I didn't have the right proportions so it ended up WAAAYYY too sweet! BTW, I dipped my popcorn in wing sauce before I was prego too:)

Kristi Adams said...

I've made this recipe before too but I didn't have the right proportions so it ended up WAAAYYY too sweet! BTW, I dipped my popcorn in wing sauce before I was prego too:)

Denise said...

Dang, my hubbie saw this recipe and is now requesting it! He thanks you for posting :) This would be fun to bring to parties.