Monday, October 17, 2011

Introductions

Awhile ago, we mentioned having everyone introduce themselves. Well, it seems like it's even more appropriate now with more new members.

Everyone knows me. But, maybe I can explain how I know everybody. I'll start with the first ones I knew.

I was roommates with Carissa first--at BYU. The first time I met Carissa, she was picked up from teh airport and surprise! I moved in while you were home! The next morning she sat on the bathroom counter cross legged and round brushed her hair. I had never seen that before. And still give her credit for teaching me all I know.

Then Kelli moved in. It was during this time that I learned about buying cute clothes, spending money to fly home (something I never considered before), and Red Robin. (I am eternally grateful!)

I was never roomates with Celeste, but we  married brothers! And whenever the girls get together in Utah, I usually get to see them as well.

The four of us met Denise at Convergys where we all worked as telemarketers for American Express. Anyone still have the disclosure memorized? Denise, Carissa, and I were all roommates when we got engaged. Since Carissa and my weddings were a day apart, we couldn't go to each others. And Denise was one of my bridesmaids! She also threw my bridal shower. :)

Kristen is also a sister-in-law. She dated Kevin before his mission, so Celeste and I have known her for quite awhile. In fact, she and Kevin came to my ultrasound when I was pregnant with Jordyn. Kevin was leaving a few weeks before Jordyn's due date. And he brought his girlfriend. I sure am glad she came! Kristen may come across as shy, but there is a confident and hilarious woman inside!! Beware!!

Tia married Brent's bff, Ethan. Ethan's brother is Bryan's (Celeste's husband's) bff. Brent and I drove to California for their wedding when Jordyn was 3 months old. When they moved to Utah, we spent a lot of time together. They were really good sports always driving down to our house so we could put the kids to bed and watch  movies, go on midnight Burger King runs, and especially play games. Tia and I are unstoppable at Rook. And our husbands cheat...a lot. Tia lived with us for several months after Ethan moved to Texas for his job and she finished work out here. We became really close and we had great girls time with Kristi and Kristen as well.

Kristi and I met six years ago. She and I were the only ones in the ward the same age. She reached out to me and invited me to fun lunches she hosted. We were pregnant at the same time and even though I barely knew her, she brought me a present after Austin was born. We started running together when our babies were tiny and haven't ever stopped. You would think we'd run out of conversation running and exercising together as often as we do--but we never stop talking and laughing. In fact, Sheral saw us running up Canyon Road talking and laughing and almost pulled over to reprimand us.


Sheral is in my new ward. She is a nursery leader. Now, Tyce isn't technically in her nursery (and she reminds me of that when  he tantrums and threatens to send him to his "real" class), but the other leaders didn't compare to her. Plus, I have the best time in nursery. In fact, I told Brent he would have to start dropping Tyce off because I was the one having a hard time leaving. What I know about Sheral thus far is that 1) she is HILARIOUS!! We have the best conversations in nursery, although we've scared off several dads who haven't returned... and 2) She loves ghosts and even has equipment to record them, etc. She wants to tour my old home (the murder house).

I've actually known Wendy for awhile. Since I attened Kelli's family functions like I am family, I run into Wendy quite often. We tag-teamed watching Aubrey when the Hjelms went on their cruise. I know that Wendy is incredibly hard working, kind, and funny. And I'm really excited to get to know you better!

So, ladies post a little bit about yourselves and feel free to tell embarassing stories about each other. And then we can all retaliate in the comments! :)

2 comments:

Sheral Wilson said...

I love that you think I'm hilarious - because I think I am too!! :D (I love that little Tyce - I just wish he loved me as much!!)

Wendy and I went to Cosmetology school together in Cedar City and she played a huge roll in me snagging Joel! We were also roommates for some time... we got into a little bit of trouble together. I hope she doesn't tell any stories of me breaking wind in my sleep - that NEVER happened. (It doesn't still!)

Carissa Poyfair said...

Uh... I didn't read any embarassing stories from you Stina! And I KNOW you have some :) Shall I share them? Haha... I'll have to post my intro soon. I haven't even updated my own blog yet, so I promise I'll get to it!