Monday, October 24, 2011

Basil Pork Chops

This one day I bought some bright pink melamine plates - they made me happy! I have a feeling you're going to see a lot of them in the future. (I have some stoneware, but I think they're pretty boring.) I made a couple of delicious things today and I got pictures of both - but, I don't want to completely monopolize this blog - I'll save one for next week.
My friend Vicky gave me this recipe years ago, she swore to me that they are the best pork chops she's ever had. (I believe she got this recipe from a Taste of Home magazine... I'm not sure?) I finally made them recently and I may have to agree with her. They are packed with flavor - especially for a simple recipe. I hope you like them as much as we do!




BASIL PORK CHOPS

1/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 Tablespoons vegetable oil, divided
1 and 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
4 boneless loin chops

In a small bowl combine: brown sugar, basil, salt and chili powder. Gradually stir in 1 Tablespoon of the oil until it's crumbly. Rub over both sides of the pork chops.
In a large skillet: cook the pork chops in the remaining oil over medium heat for about 7 to 8 minutes on each side or until the juices run clear.

Seriously, that's it. It's not rocket science - but it tastes like it. (If I had any clue what rocket science tasted like!)

5 comments:

Denise said...

That does sound easy. I will have to give them a go. My husband will be soo happy, he loves pork!

Stina said...

These look fantastic! Most recipes for pork chops involve a can of cream of mushroom and baking them. I love that this is stove top. I love the crispy taste. Can't wait to try them--I have pork chops in my freezer!

Kristi Adams said...

I love pork..a nice change from beef or chicken. WHen I saw this picture my mouth started watering! Yum!

Carissa Poyfair said...

I am not a pork chop fan, but these look tasty! And since the hubby likes pork chops, I'll have to make them for him :)

Kristi Adams said...

We had these for dinner the other night and we loved them! Such a good flavor and a good way to eat pork!