Monday, January 3, 2011

Easy Tangy Ranch Chicken

A lot of my favorite recipes have come not from the internet or from a friend, but from the back of a bottle. Have you ever seen the recipes on the back of your ranch bottle? Or on your corn meal box? I got this recipe on the back of my French's mustard bottle, and it sounded easy and yummy and cheap to make. And it was all three! My family ate is up, including my picky children and my husband, who claimed, prior to eating this, that he was tired of chicken. But even he said this was a keeper. The best part about this recipe is that you can cook it up and eat it as a main dish, or cut them up, toss them with the reserved sauce, and use it in a salad or a sandwich. And I bet you all have the ingredients on hand! Sorry for the lack of a picture. I'll add one next time I make it. Or you all can add one if you make it!

2/3 cup ranch dressing
1/3 cup mustard
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 small chicken breasts

Mix dressing, mustard, and brown sugar. Marinade chicken in 2/3 cup sauce in the fridge for 30 minutes. Grill or cook on the stovetop until cooked through. Serve with remaining sauce (which is so good, like a honey mustard sort of). Enjoy!

3 comments:

Stina said...

Two of my favorite things--easy and yummy. Sweet. These next couple of weeks will hopefully be all about these kinds of meals. Thanks!

Carissa Poyfair said...

I'm always looking for a new way to make chicken and I have all these things. Was it hard to cook on the stovetop? Mine are always undercooked when I try that way.

Celeste Pearson said...

I didn't think it was hard to cook on the stovetop. Mostly because Bryan did the cooking :) Haha...anyway, he just cooked them on medium and put a lid on the pan for the first ten minutes, and then let them cook without the lid the last few minutes. You could always pound your chicken flatter or use tenders. Or cut up your chicken into smaller pieces.