Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Chocolate marshmallow cookies


I went to a cookie party last night and made these yummy concoctions. They are sooo moist, gooey and chocolatlie, you can’t go wrong! I wish I would have thought to sprinkle crushed candy cane on top to make them festive!

1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 cup milk
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup cocoa
1 package large marshmallows

Blend butter and sugar. Add egg, vanilla, milk and remaining ingredients, leaving out marshmallows. Scoop out cookies with mini ice cream scoop. Bake at 350 degrees for 5-7 minutes. Remove from oven.

Cut marshmallows into thirds. Push a third of a marshmallow into the center of each cookie. Bake for 2 more minutes. Let cool and frost. Makes just shy of 2 dozen with a pampered chef med. Scoop!
*frosting*
2 cups powdered sugar

1/2 teaspoon salt

5 tablespoons milk

3 tablespoons cocoa

3 tablespoons melted butter

Whisk all ingredients together until smooth.

6 comments:

Stina said...

My mouth is watering. I love the marshmallow on top. Making these for sure!!!

Carissa Poyfair said...

I love chocolate and marshmallow! I'll be making these just for me!

Celeste Pearson said...

I made these for our ward's Break the Fast and they were a hit! They were so good and moist! I didn't do the chocolate drizzle because I'm lazy and I sort of ran out of time, but even without it they were divine. I kid and adult pleaser. And I think they would be more awesome with a chocolate drizzle - or caramel drizzle?? Thanks for posting these!

Celeste Pearson said...

Just so you know Denise- these are Rix's new favorite dessert. He chose them to take to his class for his "half" birthday (since he has a summer bday he gets to bring a treat in sometime during the year). My kids ask for them all the time!

Stina said...

Help! I. Can't. Stop. Eating. These. Mmmmm.

Kristi Adams said...

These were so so so so good!! Thanks for sharing, Christina! i am just waiting for the right opportunity to make these myself because they are seriously delicious!