Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Cheesecake Cookies

Brent has a broker who emails recipes. When I saw this one, I knew I had to try it. You should know that I have an infatuation with Lorna Doone shortcake cookies. And, I didn't realize the cookie part of these are shortbread (made with cream cheese). I was in heaven. They're filling and sweet. So, it doesn't leave you wanting to eat a dozen (like chocolate chip cookies do). They're a grown-up's cookie.

Cheesecake Cookies

Cream Cheese Filling:
4 oz cream cheese
2 TBSP sugar
½ tsp grated lemon rind
1 egg yolk
1 TBSP half and half or sour cream

Beat together until smooth. Refrigerate.

Cookies:
1 cup butter
4 oz cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp grated lemon rind
1 TBSP lemon juice
2 ¼ cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ cup fine graham cracker crumbs

Cream butter, cream cheese and sugar until blended. Add egg, lemon rind and lemon juice. Mix well. Combine flour and baking powder. Add to first mixture and blend well. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in graham cracker crumbs. Arrange on ungreased baking sheets. With finger make an indentation in center of each cookie. Fill with ½ tsp of filling. Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Remove to cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.

5 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Get out of TOWN! A cheesecake cookie?! You are speaking my language Stina! I will definitely be trying these but my hips already hate you :)

Celeste Pearson said...

These look so good! I also love Lorna Doone. And cheesecake. This is like their delicious love child :)

Denise said...

My mouth is watering! I might make these for Mothers Day (it's not cheating on your diet on Mothers Day, right!?)

Kristi Adams said...

These are fabulous! Christina brought me a plate of them the other night and I ate all but two, which I was saving for breakfast, but SOMEONE ate them before I got to them! I was TICKED!

Luellens said...

These are great!!! Keep up the great work ladies!