Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake

I've had this recipe in my book for awhile...I just forgot about it. And when I was trying to decide what to do for Brent's cake...I knew I had to make this one! As everyone knows--Brent loves the chocolate peanut butter combination. The original recipe had me making a cake from scratch in two 9-inch cake pans. Unfortunately, they turned out sunk in the middle and didn't come out of the pan. So, I went with a cake mix. And, honestly, how can you go wrong with a cake mix? When they do it so well, why stress with homemade?

Step One: Make chocolate cake!

Step Two: Make peanut butter frosting (this isn't an exact recipe. Play with it until it turns into the right consistency!)

2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup milk (may need more)
2-3 cups powdered sugar

Mix peanut butter, vanilla, and milk. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Add powdered sugar until the consistency looks right. If ti gets too thick, add more milk. If it seems to runny and soft: add more peanut butter or sugar.

Step 3: Top with chopped peanut butter cups.

It was awesome!!!

2 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

If this tastes as delicious as it looks then my diet is in serious trouble!

Kristi Adams said...

seriously, whoever started the chocolate-peanutbutter revolution should run for president! They'd have my vote! This looks awesome!