Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chocolate Mint Truffle Cookies

I stole my husband's lap top for a minute so i can finally post something! These were by far my favorite Christmas cookie this year and I made them several times. They really taste like a truffle because they are so soft and moist inside the chocolate shell. And they are tiny so you can eat a million of them and not feel too bad!

Chocolate Mint Truffle Cookies

1/4 c. butter, cubed
1 c. semi-sweet chocolate chips, divided
1 egg
1/3 c. sugar
1/3 c. brown sugar
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/8 tsp. peppermint extract
1 c. flour
1/3 c. cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
3/4 c. Chopped Andes mint candies
dipping chocolate, white, milk, or dark chocolate
optional toppings: sprinkles, nuts, crushed candy canes

In a small pan, melt butter and 1/2 c. chocolate chips. Remove from heat and stir until smooth. Cool slightly. Stir in the egg, sugars, and extracts. COmbine flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt and stir into chocolate mixture. Fold in 3/4 c. chopped Andes mints.
Roll rounded tablespoons of dough into balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 for 8-10 min. or until tops appear slightly dry. Cool for 1 minute before removing to wire rack to cool completely.
Dip cookies in melted dipping chocolate and sprinkle with toppings.

*I couldn't find Andes mint candies so I chopped up those green mint chips and used them instead

4 comments:

Carissa Poyfair said...

Mmm... mint and chocolate! Oh well, those New Years resolutions have been out the window since New Years Day! So excited to make these and eat them all by myself!

Celeste Pearson said...

These are so on my list for this next Christmas's goodie plates! Thanks for sharing! And um, Carissa, you don't have to eat them all by yourself :) I'll gladly help you!

Denise said...

These sound great. Maybe I will run to the store and make them for supper bowl...that way I don't eat them all!!

Stina said...

I have been waiting for this recipe forever!!! Thanks! Can't wait to try it!